2 Miliardi sono tanti. Però sono anche belli e colorati.
Microsoft si è inventata dei QR codes diversi, nuovi e colorati (sì, si possono leggere anche da iPhone...).
E tanti sono finiti anche a Torino...
Comunque, ritornando a parlare in generale, ecco parte della loro Press Release:
Microsoft Tag today announced impressive trend data to demonstrate the exponential growth of its industry-leading 2-D barcode technology:
- 1 billion Tags have been printed in the past four months, bringing the total to 2 billion Tags printed since its January 2009 launch.
- The number of Tag users increased by three fold since emerging from beta in May; the number of Tags scanned increased by four fold during the same time period.
- To date, more than 100,000 Tag accounts have been set up to add interactive digital experiences to brand advertising and marketing campaigns.
- Since August, Tag has been used in more than 100 million magazine issues.
- In the largest known barcode campaign to date, Allure had 450,000 scans, using Microsoft Tag for its annual Free Stuff Giveaway issue in August.
"With Tag, businesses can build compelling customer scenarios to drive engagement and retention, easily measure the effectiveness of their campaigns, and explore new merchandising opportunities for their products."
A broad range of brands across a wide variety of industries have deployed Tag, including Canon Inc., HMS Host Corp., Jones Apparel Group Inc., Kellogg Co., Kraft Foods Inc., Proctor & Gamble, Razor USA, Simmons Bedding Company, Simon & Schuster Inc. and Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. Inc. Originally launched in January 2009, Tag momentum has been growing since it emerged from beta in May, with brands and their agencies leveraging Tag across their online, print, outdoor, retail and broadcast efforts to deeply engage consumers with a range of digital content.
Eccetera. Sarebbe interessante capire quanto la gente ( da noi) usa davvero questi codici.
Per ulteriori informazioni: http://tag.microsoft.com